Find Jo - The Alumni Europae competition!
Are you a current student or a alumni of the European school? Are you up for a challenge?
Come find Jo - our resident webmaster and world traveller and get a free bucket of booze!
To all of you who have no idea what this competition is all about - worry no more!
Having planned this trip for over a year now, our lovable and happy-go-lucky webmaster, Joachim Buyse, has taken some much needed time off his busy schedule to go travelling around South-East Asia in what will surely be an amazing and unforgettable experience.
Jo's journey already began on January 6th and is expected to span between 10 months and 2 years, crossing nine countries altogether. (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Australia and New Zealand). If that's not enough, and depending on unforeseeable circumstances, Jo may even travel through several other countries in the region before possibly ending his travels with a brief stop in Brazil! (I mean, why not!?) Either way, his trip will see him meeting many locals and fellow travelers and we are sure he will have countless stories to tell when he comes back!
Being such a good sport, and never too far away from a computer, Jo has gladly accepted to have Alumni Europae follow his every step via regular updates and pictures on his Blog, buyse.net, as well as attempting several challenges we have assigned him along the way.
This is where YOU, our trusty AE followers, come in!
In true Where's Wally? style, we are asking all of you current or ex-European School students to FIND JO!
Assuming that you have found him on this picture, the real test is to find him in real life! Basically, if you happen to encounter Jo AND get a photo with him during his voyage, you will be entitled to A FREE BUCKET OF BOOZE!
AND THAT IS NOT ALL!
We are also asking you to propose certain challenges (or 'dares') that you would like to see Jo complete throughout his incredible journey. Here are some examples which have already been put forward:
- Have 3 or more shots with a Portuguese OR Spanish person - COMPLETED Diff: 3/10
- Get Slapped/Punched by an Irish OR British person - COMPLETED Diff: 8/10
- Go Skinny-Dipping with a Dutch OR German person - COMPLETED Diff: 10/10
- Spend 24 hours with a French OR British person - Diff: 3/10
- Give/receive a piggy-back ride to/from a Slovenian OR Slovakian person - Diff: 9/10
- Hitch-hike with an Austrian OR Belgian person - Diff: 5/10
- Dance with an Estonian OR Finnish person - Diff: 6/10
- Barter with a Lithuanian OR Latvian person - Diff: 10/10
- Give/receive a possession to a Romanian OR Bulgarian person - Diff: 6/10
- Get the contact details of a Czech OR Hungarian person - Diff: 7/10
- Race or chase a Swedish OR Danish person - Diff: 7/10
- Flash/get Flashed by a Cypriot OR Croatian person - Diff: 10/10
- Do a water-sport activity with a Greek OR Italian - Diff: 7/10
- Meet a Maltese or Luxembourgian Person - Diff: 10/10
If you have any more suggestions*, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to check out our site to monitor his progress!
Have Fun and Good Luck!!
*Of course, any idea should:
- be somewhat feasible
- would not get Jo into trouble (ok, maybe a little bit ;))
- AND should have an "EU twist" to it. (In light with the AE theme)